[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
LISPcraft, a book on Lisp and Franz.
- To: franz-friends@Berkeley
- Subject: LISPcraft, a book on Lisp and Franz.
- From: John Foderaro (on an sun-e) <jkf%ucbmike@Berkeley>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 84 18:51:33 GMT
- Original-date: Tue, 31 Jan 84 10:51:33 pst
A new Lisp book is due out March 23rd which may be especially interesting
to Franz Lisp users or potential Franz Lisp users. The title
is `LISPcraft' and it was written by Robert Wilensky, a Computer Science
professor at Berkeley who teaches AI programming courses.
The book starts at first principles and teaches Lisp programming, and then
goes on to Franz-specific topics such as debugging, read macros, error
handling, and compilation. Then there are chapters on Lisp
applications: pattern matching and databases. Finally it contains
a complete description of all Franz functions.
LISPcraft, by Robert Wilensky 385 pages, $19.95
publisher: W. W. Norton, 500 5th Avenue, N.Y. N.Y. 10110