[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: efficiency of large systems in franz
- To: c70.franz-friends@Berkeley, ucla-lax!patel@UCLA-Security
- Subject: Re: efficiency of large systems in franz
- From: Kim.fateman@Berkeley
- Date: Fri, 20 Nov 82 03:37:22 GMT
- Original-date: 19-Nov-82 19:37:22-PST (Fri)
I don't know what you are planning to compare to Franz. I believe there
are several VLSI tools written in Franz; if efficiency must be combined
with interactive program development, interpretation, automatic
garbage collection, etc, it is usually possible to rewrite
critical inner loops in C or assembler, for example.
As far as large systems go, Vaxima is about 3.5megabytes; it can grow
to considerably more. I suppose you could argue it could be made faster
by reprogramming in assembler, but it would be a fairly Neanderthal view.