[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
non-standard readmacro behavior...
- To: franz-friends at MIT-MC
- Subject: non-standard readmacro behavior...
- From: FININ at WHARTON-10 (Tim Finin)
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 81 20:56:00 GMT
- Original-date: 17 Aug 1981 (Monday) 1656-EDT
I want to change the syntax of ' so that it will act like an alphabetic
character if it is embedded within an atom or is at the end of an atom.
Thus 'foo is (quote foo) but foo' is foo'. A ' before a list or a '
surrounded by seperators will still act as a readmacro for the quote function.
Offhand, I don't see a reasonable way to do this given the Franz character
syntax situation. Any ideas?