[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Questions about reflective operations on functions and methods
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Questions about reflective operations on functions and methods
- From: email@example.com (Paul Stodghill)
- Date: Thu, 01 Oct 92 11:24:37 -0400
1) Are the methods of APPLICABLE-METHOD?, SORTED-APPLICABLE-METHODS, etc.,
for <generic>'s frozen? If not, what is supposed to happen if I substitute
other methods in their place.
2) What is supposed to happen if I create new methods for these generics.
For instance, can I add methods to these generics in such a way that
(<object> <keyword> ...)
is a function application a la Smalltalk?
3) If the answer to question #1 is Yes, and the answer to #2 is No, what is
the motivation for including these generics in the language specification?