[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dylan syntax forms
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr>
- Subject: Re: Dylan syntax forms
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1992 11:18:57 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full-name: Andrew L. M. Shalit
At 7:53 AM 10/6/92 +0000, Ranson wrote:
>Is the CAR of a special/macro form evaluated? The manual does not specifies
>this. For instance, is this legal?
>(define f define)
>(f x 2)
>My guess is that the answer is no, because the rules on function calls do not
>require the function to be evaluated before the arguments. Hence one should be
>able to decide if (f x 2) is a syntax form or a function call without any
>Is that right? Maybe it should be more explicit.
This will be clarified as part of the macro system. Offhand, I don't remember
exactly what approach we took.