[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: small integers, numerical efficiency
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: small integers, numerical efficiency
- From: email@example.com (John Lewis)
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 92 16:21:40 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry about inaccurately paraphrasing you. Here's what i should have
> in agreement there; my reasoning is that if one isn't going to do a serious
> implementation of floating-point, one shouldn't do a half-baked job, instead
> one should not even claim to try.
> That's just my own opinion, not Apple's. But I wonder how other people on
> this list feel. I know most people who implement Unix C numerics libraries
> don't agree with me at all: from what I've heard they evidently think a
> half-baked job is fine.