[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
choose! and choose
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: choose! and choose
- From: Jonathan Bachrach <Jonathan.Bachrach@ircam.fr>
- Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1992 18:36:53 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Fri, 18 Dec 92 18:09:25 EST <9212182306.AA20251@cambridge.apple.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 18:09:25 EST
From: email@example.com (David A. Moon)
> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1992 18:12:25 +0100
> From: Jonathan Bachrach <Jonathan.Bachrach@ircam.fr>
> I would also like to see the following destructively functions added:
> (define-generic-function choose! (predicate mutable-sequence))
> (define-generic-function choose-by! (predicate test-sequence mutable-value-sequence))
I don't understand what you propose these will do.
They would be more powerful `remove!' functions that take a general
predicate instead of an element to remove (as in `remove!'). They
would mutate the mutable-sequence such that only the ``chosen''
elements remain. They return the mutated argument.
-- jonathan bachrach
31, rue Saint-Merri
F75004 Paris, France