[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
LISPM execution times for MACSYMA
- To: CWH at MIT-MC, rg at MIT-AI
- Subject: LISPM execution times for MACSYMA
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Mon ,27 Aug 79 10:18:00 EDT
- Cc: GJS at MIT-MC, INFO-LISPM at MIT-MC, NIL at MIT-MC
Very Good! That analysis, about page-out time to make room
for new consing, was most interesting, and looks right.
One more thing, however, I'd sure like to see, is the same
sort of thing done with the GC turned on; that is, I'd like
to know how much the mechanisms of the Baker-GC slow down
the operations. If your previous analysis is correct (about
the page-out cost), then Baker-GC should be disproportionatly
expensive for MACSYM as compared to, say, WOODS.