[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: (set-window-filename)
- From: email@example.com (Andrew L. M. Shalit)
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 90 10:48:21 EDT
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Arthur E. Ogus's message of Tue, 3 Apr 90 03:02:46 PDT <9004031002.AA12816@bosco.berkeley.edu>
I have encountered a problem with
the Fred-window-function (set-window-filename). Namely,
(ask window (set-window-filename "string")) causes an error:
NIL is not a correct argument to ::CCL%string-length (approximately).
However, the filename attached to the window is correctly set to
"string." Somehow, I think I am doing something wrong, and that it is
not a bug.
The new filename which you pass to SET-WINDOW-FILENAME should be
a complete pathname. That is, it must include both a directory
and a file. "string" has a file, but no directory.
Granted, the error message could use a little work. . .