[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Express Windows Mailing List
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, Allegro-CL@Berkeley.EDU, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Express Windows Mailing List
- From: Stephen L. Nicoud <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 90 10:01 PDT
- Cc: Stephen L. Nicoud <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Express Windows List Administration <email@example.com>
- Resent-comments: Forgot to include MACL and Explorer Users...
- Resent-date: Thu, 10 May 90 15:46 PDT
- Resent-from: Stephen L. Nicoud <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-message-id: <19900510224642.1.SLN@SKAGIT.atc.boeing.com>
- Resent-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Like many others, we (Boeing ATC) have recently acquired Liszt
Programming's Express Windows package via anonymous ftp. Express
Windows is a package that runs on top of either Lucid 3.0 or Allegro
Common Lisp and CLX. Express Windows allows programs using a large
subset of Symbolics' Dynamic windows(TM) to run on general purpose
And also like many others, we have experienced many difficulties in
installing and using Express Windows. For many of bugs, we have made
modifications to the code. For others we still have no solution.
Judging by the several requests for help that have appeared in various
newsgroups and mailing lists, we felt it would be beneficial to
establish an informal mailing list to share patches and to discuss
issues relating to the use of Express Windows.
So, we are announcing the Express Windows electronic mailing list. This
is an informal, unmoderated mailing list dedicated to the discussion of
topics and issues arising out of the use of Express Windows.
Administrative requests (e.g., adding/deleting/changing addresses,
bounced mail, or anything else having to do with mailing list
administration) should be sent to:
Submissions should be sent to:
You may wish to wait a few days before making submissions so as to allow
time for people to reply to this message and get added to the list. I
will send out an initial message to the list in a few days or when the
requests for addding have subsided, whichever comes first.
Please note, this is my first attempt at trying to run a mailing list.
Screwups are inevitable. Please bear with me as I learn the ropes.
Stephen L. Nicoud <email@example.com> uw-beaver!bcsaic!snicoud
Boeing Advanced Technology Center for Computer Sciences