[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Gallagher@cs.umass.edu
- Subject: Mac Identifier
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew L. M. Shalit)
- Date: Mon, 14 May 90 17:17:43 -0400
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Kevin Gallagher's message of Mon, 14 May 90 16:36:39 EDT <2851706199-961913@Gilgamesh>
This question isn't only applicable to MACL...
Is there any unique identifier for each Macintosh (like a serial
number) that I can get at from a program? I'd like my program to be
able to determine what machine `instance' it is running on.
Sorry, but Mac's don't have software accessible serial numbers.
Of course, if the Mac has an ethernet card in it, you could always
use that number. . .
- Mac Identifier
- From: Kevin Gallagher <Gallagher@gilgamesh.cs.umass.edu>