[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: set-current-editable-text nil
- From: Andrew L. M. Shalit <alms>
- Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 15:21:20 -0400
- Cc: info-macl
- In-reply-to: Richard Lynch's message of Thu, 16 Aug 90 13:37:22 CDT <9008161837.AA06291@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
From: Richard Lynch <email@example.com>
How come I can't do this? More specifically, how can I force this to
happen... I want to put the window back to its original state where
NO text was the current-editable-text. This is obviously a valid
state, but (SET-CURRENT-EDITABLE-TEXT NIL) gives an error message
that NIL is not a valid argument.
I think in the Macintosh user interface, it's not a valid state. If you
have a dialog with a bunch of editable text dialog items, one of them
will always recieve the typing.
There are several workarounds: disable or remove all the editable-text
items, or replace them all with static text items. You could also just
block keystroke events (though that will still leave a blinking cursor).