[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: MACL<-->HyperCard
- From: "Kader Diagne" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 91 17:15:21 +0100
- Organization: Universitaet des Saarlandes D-6600 Saarbruecken FRG
I'm having some troubles with the IPC-Software Talk To Me from Ruben Kleiman,
namely the message passing between MACL & HyperCard 2.0 :
- The IPC Driver has been opened (RefNo = -54).
- The tasks named "MACL" and "HyperCard" have been successfully registered both
under the TaskType "Receptionist".
- "MACL" has been connected to "HyperCard" via ipc::connect-to-hypercard which adds
polling to MACL eventhook and launch HyperCard if necessary.
1. MACL Side
(ipc::IPCWriteString *LispTaskID* HCTaskID* "hide menubar" :priority 1)
sends the message to HyperCard which comes to the mf-foreground but HC doesn't
hide the menubar (this example was just for an illustration , I've tried
The function IPCWriteString seems to work correctly. When I switch to HyperCard
via multifinder I can read the message (sent from MACL) via the RETRIEVE XFCN
2. HyperCard Side
Similar to the MACL Side. The RETRIEVE XFCNs (all options) only send messages
but don't register any reaction (reply) from MACL.
Example: RETRIEVE ("(* 2 5)") must put 10 into the HyperCard variable It; but it
There seems to be no polling neither from MACL nor HyperCard side. (the longest time
to pause between polls is 5 ticks).
May be I do something wrong, but I think some of you have tried to set up a
MACL<-->HyperCard connection with TTM.
I'll be gratefull for any help.
Thanks in advance.