[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problem with #$ and the compiler
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Problem with #$ and the compiler
- From: Ranson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 28 May 91 09:24:00 GMT
- Cc: email@example.com
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 28 May 91 04:33:02+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 28 May 91 09:24:00 GMT
The compiler does not seem to consider interface constants like #$optionKey
as real constants, but instead generates code with a reference to the NAME
of the constant. The effect is that if you load the binary in a fresh MCL,
you will get unbound variable errors when running the code.
This may be fixed either by loading the needed interface each time, or refe-
ring to such constants as #.#$xxx, but I'd prefer to call it a bug.
Daniel Ranson (firstname.lastname@example.org)