[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

What application is this??

	>I was browsing the INFO-MACL contributions directory and came upon a
	>of files with .HQX, .CPT and .SIT extensions.  Can someone tell me how one
	>goes about using these files?  I'm assuming that .HQX files are somekind
	>compressed format, but I don't know how to uncompress them.
	.HQX stands for binhexed files (its a format which unifies the macintosh
	data, resource and finder informations of a file in one common ascii text
	only file). You can convert .hqx files with Stuffit.

	.SIT is the extension of Stuffit archives.
	.CPT is the extension of Compactor archives.

	NB: Stuffit and Compactor are shareware utilities that should not be to
	complicated to obtain.

More generally, is there anywhere a publicly-accessible listing of
applications vs the 4 character signatures that are found in a
Macintosh file's "creator" field?

Cris Johnson 
Price Waterhouse Technology Centre 
68 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025 
(415) 322-0606