[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: UseNet newsgroup?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: UseNet newsgroup?
- From: Mick ODonnell <mick@ISI.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jun 91 23:26:52 PDT
- In-reply-to: Your message of 05 Jun 91 20:03:43 -0400. <"910606000342 76234.1133 CHE112-1"@CompuServe.COM>
- Reply-to: mick@ISI.EDU
On Newsgroup vs. Mail-group:
Switching totally to a news-group may lose some people. Staying
with a mail based approach has definitely been losing people (I have
been on the verge of sending a "Take me off the mailing list").
We face a trade-off here. Unless of course, we can resolve the issue
to maintain both. At worst, it could mean maintaining a reduced
mailing list, and getting someone at apple to daily mail out the
accumulated news postings. At best, this could be done automatically.