[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 1.3.2 + Sys.7 VM
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 1.3.2 + Sys.7 VM
- From: Mick ODonnell <mick@ISI.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 91 16:38:46 PDT
- In-reply-to: Your message of Tue, 11 Jun 91 11:09:54 +0100. <9106110909.AAikaros10762@ikaros.uio.no>
- Reply-to: mick@ISI.EDU
> I understand that one of the reasons for upgrading to MCL 2.0 is to take
> advantage of VM. BUT, to what extent is 1.3.2 incompatible with VM? I
> have noticed occasional, but _not_ regular, crashes during GC.
1.3.2 will work with VM, but does not take advantage of it (e.g.
try increasing your application memory size to 14 meg). 1.3.2 has a
built in addressing limitation.
I could also be wrong. This was true of 1.3.1. Since the doco said
it wouldn't be fixed until 2.0, I didn't try it for 1.3.2.