How exactly is a truncating-string-steam utilized in the draw-cell-contents
of a sequence-dialog-item...?  I'd really like to get that ellipsis effect for
free in a specialization I am working on that has to indent some of the cells.
I've tried (from memory)

(with-open-stream (stream (make-truncting-string-stream foo))
   ;where foo is the width of the cell, or the right of the cell in local
   (funcall (table-print-function view) item stream)

This didn't work either way...
Maybe make-truncating-string-steam takes a rect?