[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Error Handling in MCL 2.0b1p3
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Error Handling in MCL 2.0b1p3
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (John E. Bell)
- Date: 28 Oct 91 18:58:57 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- Sender: email@example.com (USENET Administrator)
I need to catch errors that occur in functions I call instead of dropping
into the listener. For example, if within a function I call the following
(string= 1 "2")
the program is suspended, control is passed to the break loop, and the
following error appears in the listener:
> Error: Argument 1 is not of type STRING.
> While executing: STRING=
> Type Command-. to abort.
See the RestartsI menu item for further choices.
Instead, I would like my functin to handle the error.
The purpose of handling these errors is to allow a program that tests
student functions to recover gracefully in case of student errors.
John E. Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructional Technology Program