[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
serial stream mangling
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: serial stream mangling
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tom McDougal)
- Date: 15 Dec 91 07:23:35 GMT
- Distribution: usa
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: U. of Chicago Computer Science
- Sender: email@example.com (News System)
We are trying to use MCL to control a robot via a 9600 bd
serial link, sending commands and receiving data (speed,
rotation, sonar readings). However, stuff often gets garbled
in the serial input stream, which we defined using serial-streams.lisp.
The problem is worse at higher throughput rates.
We have tried installing a larger input buffer, without success,
but since we don't exactly know what we are doing there maybe we
didn't do it exactly right.
Anyone know the default buffer size?
Can anyone send me sample code for setting up a larger serial buffer?
Anyone have any suggestions for what to try next? We are getting
kind of discouraged.
Tom McDougal firstname.lastname@example.org
1682, King John fails English I
because he didn't know his subjects.