Steve pointed out some things I left out...

>This works fine for me. Could you please include exactly which
>expression causes the error, and could you be more specific about
>what the "interesting error message" is?

Lately, it just crashes with a bus error at some unreadable hex location
The error message would be something like:
<some irrelevant string or unprintable object> unsuitable argument to

>I think you will also find your code easier to read by following
>some traditional lisp indentation style. In MCL you can type <tab>
>to indent any given line, or type <ctrl-meta-q> to reformat a whole
>lisp expression (click on on of its parentheses first).

I tried it and didn't like it.

I should have mentioned it's lots of virtual memory in MCL 2.0b1p3 on a
"TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@ils.nwu.edu