[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(buffer-insert-with-style) help ...
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: (buffer-insert-with-style) help ...
- From: doug@clarity.Princeton.EDU (Douglas Merrill)
- Date: 28 Jan 92 15:45:13 GMT
- Distribution: comp
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Princeton University Cognitive Science Lab
- Sender: news@Princeton.EDU (USENET News System)
Hi to all...
I've been learning MCL, and I have a question about the function
(buffer-insert-with-style). It takes <style> as an argument, which is
a simple-array of signed-byte 16's. OK, great. Now to figure out
what the entries in the array should be.
Let's call (font-codes) on the font spec I want to use: (font-codes
'("geneva" 0 :bold)) returns 4 values (196864 65536 -65280 65536).
But 196864 won't fit in a signed-byte 16, since the maximum value in a
signed-byte 16 is 2^15-1 = 32767.
What am I doing wrong? I can accomplish what I want by simply setting
the insert point font and then resetting it, but I don't want to admit
Thanks for your time, and replies would be appreciated greatly.
Cognitive Science Lab