[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: bitmaps & catch-errors
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: bitmaps & catch-errors
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr>
- Date: 27 Feb 92 08:26:00 GMT
- Cc: ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 27 Feb 92 08:27:13+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 27 Feb 92 08:26:00 GMT
I'm not sure about the cause of a crash, but anyway, beware of code copying
bits from the screen. The bitmap you're getting is the bitmap of the main
screen, not the bitmap of your window (there is no such thing in QuickDraw).
Your window could be covered by another one, or partially offscreen, or on
another screen, in which case you will not get what you expect, maybe even
a bus error if you refer to nonexistant memory.