[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Running 1.3.2 in System 7
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Running 1.3.2 in System 7
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 92 09:26:21 EST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Christopher Fry's message of Fri, 21 Feb 92 19:53:11 <9202242036.AA21274@MIT.EDU>
The functions choose-file-dialog and choose-new-file-dialog cause lisp
to quit when opened over a dialog. There are 3 things you need to do:
1.) Make a *window* the front window before calling these functions.
(The window can be size 0 x 0 to make it inconspicuous.)
2.) Wrap a without-interrupts around the call.
3.) Load sys7growzone-patch.lisp (available from cambridge.apple.com).
This fix seems to work, although it took awhile to puzzle it out.
Much thanks to Bill St. Clair for helping me with it.