[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: powerbooks
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard L Cox)
- Date: 27 Feb 92 00:22:55 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Purdue University Engineering Computer Network
- References: <0A64DDF30000C204@ewuvms.bitnet>
- Sender: email@example.com (USENET news)
BBRITT@ewuvms.BITNET ("Beth Davey Britt, (509) 359-6910") writes:
>Does anyone have any experience running MCL 2.0 on a powerbook 170? I'm
>interested in purchasing one, but want to make sure that it can run
>MCL first. It's a system 7 machine.
Yes MCL will work on Powerbooks and most other Macs I have seen. I have
used it on a 140 and it was pretty reasonable. A 170 would be
>Also has anyone heard any early reviews on the powerbooks?
They are great! I am trying to figure out how to get one now myself,
The active matrix display is really a step up from the lower models. I
have also (as many of you probably have too) heard tales of color 170's
possibly faster ones made by a third party within the year. It is not
Apple so the time frame have some validity.
- From: "Beth Davey Britt, (509) 359-6910" <BBRITT@ewuvms.BITNET>