[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SizeOf function
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: SizeOf function
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bob Kerns)
- Date: 28 Feb 92 23:34:51 GMT
- In-reply-to: email@example.com's message of 25 Feb 92 23:34:57 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: /udir/rwk/.organization
- References: <9202252327.AA03543@cambridge.apple.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (USENET News System)
In article <9202252327.AA03543@cambridge.apple.com> email@example.com (Bill St. Clair) writes:
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Bill St. Clair)
Date: 25 Feb 92 23:34:57 GMT
>Is there something analogous in MCL to the SizeOf function that is thrown
>around so liberally in Inside Mac VI? In particular I need to get the
>SizeOf a AEAddressDesc.
Record-length is a macro. It returns a constant at compile time.
Another of them Kerns Macro Style Dicta:
Anything that doesn't have to be a macro shouldn't be a macro.
In other words, this should be a function, with a compiler-macro
defined to do the optimization when the argument is constant.