[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Yet another arglist comment!
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Yet another arglist comment!
- From: email@example.com (Carl L. Gay)
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 92 23:34:38 PST
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Guillaume Cartier's message of Fri, 27 Mar 92 11:07:45 -0500 <9203271607.AA18397@mipsmath>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 92 11:07:45 -0500
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Guillaume Cartier)
>That doesn't help if the function has lots of keyword arguments
>rather than lots of characters in its name. For gosh sake, this
>is the Macintosh, we have windows here. This isn't 1976 vintage
>Emacs on a 24x80 character display! Why doesn't it display the
>information in a window sized to fit and positioned
That's exactly what MCL does!!!
No, the documentation window isn't sized to fit or (in my opinion)
While we're on the subject, it's also annoying that neither
ed-get-documentatio nor ed-arglist displays default values for
non-required args. Of course, this would aggravate the problem of not
having enough space to display the arglist and should be done (maybe
as an option) only after a better arglist mechanism is devised.
No one has mentioned that if you set *mini-buffer-help-output* to nil
the arglist will be displayed in the Listener. I don't like this
solution, but other's might...
"I am a jelly donut. I am a jelly donut."