[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Restoring objects
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr>
- Date: 20 May 92 15:35:00 GMT
- Cc: ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 20 May 92 15:35:42+0200
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 20 May 92 15:35:00 GMT
Neither CLtL2 nor AMOP deal with what happens to objects that are dumped (as
in SAVE-APPLICATION) and restored. Not surprising since SAVE-APPLICATION is
not part of the standard.
Is there (or will there be in 2.1) a MOP extension in MCL to deal with this?
I see the need for a way to wipe out some slots before they are saved (e.g. if
they point to the Mac heap) and reinitialize them on restore.
This is obviously related to MAKE-LOAD-FORM. Is SAVE-APPLICATION using MAKE-