[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
computational efficiency lisping
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: computational efficiency lisping
- From: email@example.com (Mike Meehan)
- Date: Tue, 26 May 92 15:15:24 PDT
I am starting to work on an fairly complex computational module...In the spirit
of Jim Hurd's recent remark about in-lineing svref and aref calls, Can you sug-
gest methods of programming style and object design for the highest efficiency?
I'm going to have many nested loops over arrays with multiplies etc.
1. Is there a way to bring in-line, say a multiply within these loops?. Should
row-major-aref in-line? (Perhaps in 2.0 final?) Is that the norm for traversing
2. Does it make sense, for example, in the case of a 2-d array to allocate every-
thing as a simple-vectors? i.e., a simple-vector to hold each row (column) as sim-
On this note, I would recommend the topic of efficiency (at least as far as is
addressed in CLtL2 regarding Steels so-called "pervasive" compiler directives),
to be included in the 2.1 goodie list...
Simulation Optimization Technology Group
EEsof Inc., R&D Department
5601 Lindero Canyon Road
Westlake Village CA. 91362