[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RE: MCL Application Framework
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RE: MCL Application Framework
- From: Vincent Keunen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1992 14:57+0200
- In-reply-to: <9206231825.AA21944@MIT.EDU>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1992 21:26+0200
From: cfry@MIT.EDU (Christopher Fry)
window systems]. Without knowing more details on BEDROCK, my guess is that CLIM is closer
to the right thing for CL environments than BEDROCK.
That's my guess too.
The Common Lisp community [other than Apple] is strongly backing CLIM. Not just Symbolics
and DEC, but even Franz and Lucid are on the same side of the fence.
I think there is also Harlequin. So that's about all the big players in
the lisp field. Moreover, CLIM seems to me much more mature than other
things; it's pretty deep. In its current state, it might lack some
easthetics, but it is very deep and very strong on the functional parts.
CLIM 2 will probably improve on the easthetics.