[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Re: saEmacs...
- From: email@example.com (Dale R. Worley)
- Date: 3 Jul 92 22:53:32 GMT
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org's message of 2 Jul 92 23:31:50 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: MIT Dept. of Tetrapilotomy, Cambridge, MA, USA
- References: <9207022224.AA07126@cambridge.apple.com>
- Sender: email@example.com (News system)
In article <9207022224.AA07126@cambridge.apple.com> firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Strassmann) writes:
As I understand it, nobody has ever forbidden a gnuemacs
on Macintosh. It's just that RMS won't personally put any effort
into it. Should such a port magically appear, I'm sure it would
become freely available along with the rest of the GNU distribution.
Heavens, no! The Gnu people want Apple to shrivel and die; they'd
never incorporate a Macintosh version in the Gnu distribution. If you
even *mention* Apple in the Gnu newsgroups, you get "Standard RMS
Whine #47: Why Apple is Evil and Thus We Won't Mention It".
- From: Steve Strassmann <email@example.com>