[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Setting *package* from a file
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: Setting *package* from a file
- From: email@example.com (M. Timur Friedman)
- Date: 7 Jul 92 20:28:36 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you set the *package* global variable from a file?
I am developing a package which I load in from a file. I would
like the *package* global variable to be set to that package as
soon as the file is loaded. Right now what I do is type
(in-package "my-package") to the Listener after loading the file.
I have tried putting the following in my file:
(set-fred-package (find-window "Listener") "my-package")
But while this changed the package name displayed by the Listener
window, it did not change the value of *package*.
So I tried a more blunt approach, putting the following in my file:
(setf *package* (find-package "my-package"))
This evaluated ok, but once again had no effect on the value of
Is there any way that will work?
Timur Friedman (email@example.com)
P.S. (setf *package* nil) crashes MCL 2.0b1p3.