[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mailing list vs News Group
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Mailing list vs News Group
- From: "Ed Luwish -- Far Fig Newton!" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 92 16:22:15 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
I don't think the gateway is bidirectional. Anything mailed to the info-mcl
gets posted to the usenet, but nothing posted to usenet via news readers (like
rn) gets mailed to the list. This ought to prevent multiple mailings.
Since more of us have mail than rn access to the world, and everything mailed
gets distributed, it stands to reason that we ought to mail rather than post.
At least that's my take on the problem.