[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: profiling question
- To: kaveh%taarna.UUCP@Larry.McRCIM.McGill.EDU
- Subject: Re: profiling question
- From: "Mark A. Tapia" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1992 09:37:19 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaveh Kardan (kaveh%taarna.UUCP@Larry.McRCIM.McGill.EDU) writes:
What tools exist in MCL for profiling code?
Mark Kantrowitz's metering.lisp package is available by anonymous
ftp from cmu (I don't remember the ftp address but his e-mail
address is mkant@GLINDA.OZ.CS.CMU.EDU). The package allows you to
monitor the execution of functions, producing statistics on the
number of times a monitored function is called and the cons-space
used by each monitored function. Monitoring a function of course
increases the execution time.
I've sent Mark Kantrowitz MCL 2.0 specific code for the associated file:
cons-counter.lisp which he planned to incorporate.