[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How much RAM in powerbook to run MCL 2.0?
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: How much RAM in powerbook to run MCL 2.0?
- From: email@example.com (Mark Kantrowitz)
- Date: 23 Oct 92 01:18:12 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org (Usenet News System)
How much RAM do people recommend putting into a PowerBook which will
be used to run MCL? I want responses that are a bit more informative
than "as much as possible". For example, responses like
- I had 4mb, but it really wasn't enough. MCL thrashed to death.
- 6mb was comfortable, but for large programs tended to GC a lot.
- I use 10mb and have never had any problems.
will be useful.
Also, are there any special considerations I should take into account
when selecting a PowerBook?