[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Apple Events
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: 17 Dec 1992 16:22:50CST
- Organization: Knowledge Based Systems, Inc.
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: email@example.com
We're having some difficulty implementing Apple Event support in MCL 2.0p1.
1. Of the four events only Quit Application appears to work correctly.
2. Open Application appears to work insofar as double-clicking on the
application or one of the application's documents will open the application.
However, the document is not opened.
3. Open Document only works if the application is already open.
4. We haven't looked at Print Document yet but suspect that it will act as
in 3 above.
The Open Application method does not appear to be called upon startup. (We
inserted with-file statements as part of the debugging and this events file
never gets written.)
The two questions I have are:
1. Do you know of any reasons and solutions for this behavior?
2. Are there any _documented_ methods for tracing whether/what Apple Events
are called? I've been unable to find any MacBugs documentation for the
Apple Events hooks from the developers' CD-ROM.
Jean - Henna neko da ne... Jean - That's a strange cat...
Nadia - Raion yo! Nadia - He's a lion!
Behold Excaliber! The Sword of Power! Forged when the world was young
and bird and beast and flower were one with man and Death was but
a dream. - Merlin
C++ == --CLOS
The opinions and statements herein expressed are not those of KBSI and,
if attributable to anyone, are mine.