[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Need help with memory leak and stepping thru a method
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Need help with memory leak and stepping thru a method
- From: email@example.com (Wong Joo Fung)
- Date: 29 Jul 1993 08:41:41 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Institute Of Systems Science, NUS.
I am encountering a strange problem where each invocation of my MCL program
causes me to loose about 25K of the Mac heap (I did a gc and room before and
after invocating the program). And after several rounds of coding/testing,
MCL bombs when it runs out of Mac heap space. (The Lisp heap is OK though).
I did traced my CLOS methods and the ones that deallocated Mac structures
were apparently invoked. Would you have other ideas that I can try?
Also, could anyone tell me how the trace statement can be used to step thru'
a CLOS method. That is, I used
(trace ((:method dispose (container))))
to trace the dispose method within my container class, but I couldn't get it
to step through the code in the method.
Any help would be much appreciated.