[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: CommToolbox Streams
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Scott Storkel)
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 93 13:28:48 -0700
I've just uploaded ctb-streams.sea.hqx to the MCL2/contrib directory
on cambridge.apple.com. This self-extracting archive contains three
RELEASE A copy of these release notes.
ctb-streams.lisp MCL stream classes which communicate using
the Communications Toolbox's Connection
tiny-tty.lisp A simple TTY window written using CTB
Streams and FRED windows.
CTB Streams provide the following features:
* Allow communication over any transport layer supported by the
Connection Manager (e.g. Modem, ADSP, MacTCP).
* Work with the standard Common Lisp stream commands (e.g. read,
write, read-line, write-line, format).
* Correctly support "foreign" windows created by the Connection
Tools, such as the Modem Monitor window created by the Apple
* Can be configured to operate "silently" so that users don't see
status and connection monitor windows.
CTB Streams have been tested against MCL 2.0p2 with the Apple Modem
Devious Software Scott Storkel
2221 Lake Road, Suite #2
Belmont, CA. 94002 email@example.com