[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Executing Applescripts from MCL
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Executing Applescripts from MCL
- From: Shannon V Spires <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:11:35 -0600 (MDT)
- In-reply-to: <9404290800.AA11812@cambridge.apple.com> from "email@example.com" at Apr 29, 94 04:00:02 am
1. Has anybody written CreateObjSpecifier in MCL? It's not in
the Appleevents interface file, so I assume it's not in ROM.
This function would make it easier to send non-trivial events
to other applications from MCL when AppleScript is not
2. Has anybody sent "run script" (syso dsct) events from
MCL, on systems that do have Applescript installed? If this were
possible, it would be way kewl, because we could then call
a function like
(run-script "tell application \"FileMaker Pro\"
get the Name of every Field in Layout 0 of
and it would work!
3. If (2) is possible, we could probably execute scripts faster
by calling OSAExecute et al, but they aren't in the interface
files now. Are interface files for these calls available?