[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MCL emulation ok on PPC? Also, QD GX?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: MCL emulation ok on PPC? Also, QD GX?
- From: lankton@spot.Colorado.EDU (LANKTON MARK)
- Date: 8 Nov 94 19:22:29 GMT
- Full-name: Majordomo Mailing List Server
- Organization: University of Colorado at Boulder
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Futrelle) writes:
>I save lots of stuff from this group, but can find nothing
>about MCL emulation on the PPC. Does it run in emulation?
>Do I need a patch? Sorry to ask an old question again.
>I vaguely remember something about MacCi performaance,
>which suggests it does run in emulation (but I'm not
>going to base a PPC purchase decision on that memory trace!).
>and, BTW: What about QuickDraw GX? Are those libraries
>readily accessible from MCL on both 68K and PPC machines?
Yup, MCL2.0.1 runs fine under emulation on a PowerMac. I haven't
done any interesting performance checks, but the system "feels"
(to my relatively inexperienced hands) at least as responsive
as the same software on a IIfx, that is, pretty decent.
I haven't heard anything about a native version of MCL yet.
Sorry, haven't looked at a GX interface at all yet.
Mark Lankton (email@example.com)
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado