[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MacHTTP, Applescript and MCL
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: MacHTTP, Applescript and MCL
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Robin Burke)
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 17:21:42 GMT
- Organization: Univ. of Chicago Computer Science Dept.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our experience with AppleScript <-> MCL interfacing is that it is
_very_slow_. By very slow, I mean that to send a message to an
application and get an answer back takes on the order of 2 minutes. The
application (FileMaker) processed the request under 1 second, so the
delay is entirely in AppleScript.
If anybody out there has a secret to better performance, I'd like to
hear it, but unless you have a very non-time-critical application, I'd
look for another way.
university of chicago
computer science department
"The universe is made of stories, not of atoms" - Muriel Rukeyser
Public key available through finger