[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Variable ignored warning in defsetf?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter Norvig), email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Variable ignored warning in defsetf?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Doug Currie, Flavors Technology, Inc.)
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 09:47:02 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
At 3:20 PM 95.01.27, Peter Norvig wrote:
>A user of my code complains that the following generates the error
> Variable CONTAINED? not ignored, in an anonymous lambda form
>under MCL. Other Lisps don't complain. Is there some work-around, or
>some way to tell MCL not to promote such warnings into an error that
>stops the compilation process?
>(defsetf grid-contents (env loc &optional contained?) (val)
> (declare (ignore contained?))
> `(setf (aref (grid-environment-grid ,env)
> (floor (xy-x ,loc)) (floor (xy-y ,loc)))
try: (declare (ignore-if-unused contained?))
See MCL Ref p. 643