[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A Dylan implemented on Common Lisp
- To: email@example.com (Geoffrey Clements)
- Subject: Re: A Dylan implemented on Common Lisp
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Strassmann)
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 22:22:44 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 8:33 AM 3/9/95, Geoffrey Clements wrote:
>Conversely, Lisp is a great language to write AI type programs in. But
>try writing a word processor with it.
Not really, Emacs is written in lisp; it's one of the most-used
editors in the world. Using lisp gives it extraordinary extensibility.
As for speed and size it still beats Microsoft Word.
But please, this really doesn't have much to do with MCL, please
let's discuss lisp stuff on comp.lang.lisp and Dylan stuff on