[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
We've just started running KCL (version June 3 1987).
1) It would be nice if load checked some list of paths to try;
eg, (setq *load-paths* '("." "/usr/local/lib/kcl" "/usr/local/lib/ops5").
Then we could tell users to just (load "ops").
2) It would be nice if clear-input worked.
3) It would be nice if some reader macro could be defined to
match all unmatched open parens; eg, such as ] on franz lisp.
(This is surely just ignorance on our part, but we can't find
any function or tag to throw to do this. Hmm,
4) It would be nice if KCL accepted arguments intelligently; currently
they aren't passed to saved_kcl, and if they were you can't pass
more than a few without KCL becoming the compiler.
5) Some history of top level input would be nice, so that top
level forms could be reentered by justing typing a reader
macro followed by the first part of the desired form. For
example, keep the last ten top level forms on a ring and
then !(load to redo the last load.