[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Porting to Dec Mips Ultrix.
- To: munnari!kcl@uunet.UU.NET
- Subject: Porting to Dec Mips Ultrix.
- From: munnari!kerri.oz.au!ajb@uunet.UU.NET (Anthony Berglas)
- Date: 20 Feb 90 19:12:20 +1000 (Tue)
I am porting KCL from a Mips Mips (Riscos) to Dec's Mips Utrix DECstation 3100
and am having some problems.
1) I had to change sgi4d_emul.s to #include <regdefs.h>, not sys/ #if ultrix.
2) I removed -lbsd from sgi4d.defs. Easy.
3) Everything compiled but raw_kcl would not link because of strange errors
about data (Cnil_body, MVloc, _iob) being inconsistently declared near
(small) ie. within the 64k page addressable by the global pointer and
normal, even though I am certain everything was compiled with -G 80.
Removing the -G made the problem go away.
4) The link now completes but the raw_kcl is unrunnable, although its exec
permision is set. I complains "non-Ascii shell script" even though
file thinks it is OK.
Has anybody had any experiance with Decs Mips/Ultrix boxes?