[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: DIGITP not yet resolved?
- To: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Subject: Re: DIGITP not yet resolved?
- From: Jon L White <JONL at MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed ,1 Oct 80 20:25:00 EDT
- Cc: NIL at MIT-MC, LISP-FORUM at MIT-MC
Last month there was a lot of discussion about the name "DIGITP" --
has any proposal met with general approval yet? If not, how about
DIGITP -- returns only "True" or "False" (however encoded) and
is "True" only for the 10 decimal digits.
DIGIT-WEIGHT -- returns "False" only for characters which are not
used as digits in any of the bases 2 - 36.; otherwise
extracts the "weight" and returns it as a fixnum.
Should either (or both) signal an error when the argument is not
implicitly a character? I think perhaps DIGIT-WEIGHT should; but DIGITP
could, like FIXNUMP, be a total function.