[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Proposed schedule for change from "/" to "\"
- To: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Subject: Re: Proposed schedule for change from "/" to "\"
- From: George J. Carrette <GJC at MIT-MC>
- Date: Mon ,19 Jan 81 23:23:00 EDT
- Cc: LISP-FORUM at MIT-MC
(1) The change should be done "all at once"
(2) The system itself, in this case the READER should be able
to make the conversion of a file, since *what* has to be
done to convert a file can be quite easily expressed in the
language. (Maybe that is *should* be easily expressable).
(3) If each source has some associated date, which was the last
"date" of "lisp" which the source was "run" in, then it
would be a lot easier to keep joe-user happy when the
language is changing out from under him for reasons he
cannot understand. Joe-user usually thinks about himself
and not the many programmers who will follow him.
p.s. I've thought out how to build "2" into a lisp system if anybodys