[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: function cells
- To: Julian Padget <PADGET@UTAH-20.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: function cells
- From: Bobrow.PA@PARC-MAXC.ARPA
- Date: Tue ,30 Aug 83 16:54:00 EDT
- Cc: Deutsch.PA@PARC-MAXC.ARPA, lisp-forum@MIT-MC.ARPA, Bobrow.PA@PARC-MAXC.ARPA, Teitelman.PA@PARC-MAXC.ARPA
- In-reply-to: "Deutsch's message of Tue, 23 Aug 83 14:13 PDT"
I must admit that it was my idea of having separate function cells,
value cells, pname cells, and property lists for Lisp atoms in BBN-Lisp.
I am a believer in separating out mechanisms when there are distinct
differences in function. I think lookup of functions is semantically
different than lookup of variables. The time scale for which bindings
are applicable for variables and fn definitions are applicable are quite
different different in the usual case.