[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
new COMP & .COM on <NEWLISP> fixing handling of constants
- To: Lewis@BBND
- Subject: new COMP & .COM on <NEWLISP> fixing handling of constants
- From: Masinter at PARC-MAXC
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1982 10:30:04 -8000
- Date: 25 Jan 1982 10:28 PST
- Cc: Lisp, Goldman@ISIB, Masinter
I went in to look at what was going on and wound up fixing the problem
in the PDP-10 compiler. It is now the case if you say
(CONSTANTS (VAL1 (PLUS 1 2))(VAL2 (STKNTH 0 T)]
that VAL1 will compile as 3, and compiling VAL2 will complain.
I think it could be fixed so that VAL2 would compile as if you had said
(CONSTANT (STKNTH 0 T)), but that would require even more major surgery.
I also fixed what appeared to be a bug in that there was a (CADR (QUOPP --))
in one of the functions which was obviously wrong (QUOPP not returning a