[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Lisp image handler
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew Jennings)
- Subject: Re: Lisp image handler
- From: Rob.MacLachlan@wb1.cs.cmu.edu
- Date: Thu, 01 Sep 88 11:35:29 EDT
- Cc: lucites@Think.COM
- In-reply-to: Your message of Thu, 01 Sep 88 12:02:55 -0500. <8809010201.AA13478@trlamct.oz>
We do have some tools like that for CMU Common Lisp. Although in the
public domain (as is all our code), it is highly implementation dependent.
Save-Stand-Alone-Lisp uninterns all symbols, does a GC, then reinterns all
the symbols that weren't GC'd. The amount of compaction depends on your
care in not referencing lots of stuff.